Vivid Solutions is a software development company that creates and implements innovative technology solutions. We thrive on tackling challenges and developing solutions that help people and businesses do what they do even better.
With a focus on value and quality we work closely with our clients to identify the strategic needs of their business to determine the technology capabilities required to support their goals. We help our clients navigate their specific situation to enable them to confidently address technology related decisions and create enduring results.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to provide leading IT services to our clients.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of program and project delivery, including defining scope, specifying deliverables, creating project documentation and schedules, managing budget, scope, change requests, and estimating project timelines.
- Ensure project success by driving day to day operations through sound project management principles and methodologies.
- Organize and facilitate cross-functional meetings with project team members, as well as with Technology leadership.
- Be the primary point person with business owners, business users and technical team members.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications, verbally and through written documentation, to project team members and client stakeholders so that solutions are understood.
- Take ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolutions, effective communication to stakeholders, and incident retros/learnings.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; managing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Ensure solution design is aligned with architectural principles and standards.
- Ensure each project develops a viable, approved operational support/sustainment model as applicable.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years direct experience managing multiple complex projects in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- IT experience in public sector environments.
- PMP, or equivalent, designation.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Proven experience and knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence and agile planning/tracking tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with clients, team members and other stakeholders.
- Flexible and client-service oriented.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the Natural Resource Sector.
- Degree in Business, Computer Science or Finance.
- Portfolio management and Business Analysis experience.
Benefits & Culture:
- Great health benefits.
- Profit share program.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual Sick Leave.
- Team events.
- Personal Health and Wellness benefit.
- A company that’s committed to a work life balance with excellent professional growth opportunities.